About the Book
AS Communication & Culture: The Essential Introduction is fully revised for the new 2008 GCE Communication and Culture Advanced Subsidiary specification with full colour throughout, over 120 images, new case studies and examples. The authors introduce students step-by-step to the skills of reading communication texts and understanding the link between communication and culture, as well as taking students through the tasks expected of them to pass the AQA AS Communication and Culture exam.
Areas covered include:
- an introduction to communication and culture
- cultural and communication codes
- semiotics, communication process and models
- the individual and contemporary culture
- cultural contexts and practices
- how to do the coursework
- how to do the exam
- examples from advertising, fashion, music, magazines, body language, film and more
AS Communication and Culture: The Essential Introduction clearly guides students through the course and gives them the tips they need to become proficient in understanding and analysing in production communication texts and everyday culture.