What you will find on this website:
- Critical thinking: a set of critical thinking questions for each chapter that aim to test your knowledge about the subject.
- Exercises: test your knowledge with sets of activities for each chapter
- Samples of images: sample images are included to assist researchers in the use of family and other archives to build a research project.
- Links to video resources
- Links to an interactive visual sociology website
- Downloadables: use these resources to take away and help in your studies.
- Buy the book online: purchase additional copies of this title.
The above diagram gives an immediate idea of some of the areas and issues covered in the textbook. The top semicircle and coloured sectors indicate just some of the areas of interest to visual researchers, and some of the concerns taken up in chapters 1, 3 and 4, while the bottom half indicates the broad areas of research process and visual analysis (chapters 2 and 5).