Edited by Susan Capel and Margaret Whitehead
Welcome to the companion website for Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School, 3rd edition.
This website includes:
- PowerPoint slides for lecturers
- A wide range of editable observation schedules designed to support students, lecturers and mentors observe practice effectively
- Useful weblinks
- Editable tables and figures from the book plus additional useful documents for selected chapters
- Sample chapters from further reading
- Information on buying this and related books
If you are a lecturer and you’d like to order an inspection copy of the new edition, please use the link on the left of this screen.
The third edition of this core textbook has been thoroughly revised to take into account changes in policy and practice within both initial teacher education and the National Curriculum for Physical Education. It covers essential topics including lesson planning; organisation and management; observation; inclusion; assessment; wider community links and ICT. This edition includes a brand new chapter on the role of reflective teaching in developing expertise and improving the quality of pupil learning.
We hope you’ll find the textbook and resources on this website both useful and a source of support.