This is the companion website for Understanding Video Games. From Pong to PlayStation 3 and beyond, Understanding Video Games is the first general introduction to the exciting new field of video game studies. This textbook traces the history of video games, introduces the major theories used to analyze games such as ludology and narratology, reviews the economics of the game industry, examines the aesthetics of game design, surveys the broad range of game genres, explores player culture, and addresses the major debates surrounding the medium, from educational benefits to the effects of violence.
What you will find on this web site
- About the Book: Book description, about the authors, the table of contents, book introduction.
- About the Series: Information on other titles related to this series.
- Resources: Extremely useful online companion material.
- User Forum: - A bulletin board for teachers and students to post and reply to comments.
- Feedback: - Send feedback to the book's editor.