Welcome to the online resources accompanying In Other Words by Mona Baker!
In Other Words is the definitive coursebook for anyone studying translation. Assuming no knowledge of foreign languages, it offers both a practical and theoretical guide to translation studies, and provides an important foundation for training professional translators.
Using modern linguistic theory, this classic text provides a solid base to inform and guide the many key decisions trainee translators have to make. Authentic examples of translated texts from a wide variety of languages are examined, and practical exercises and further reading are included at the end of each chapter.
The new edition of In Other Words is updated with a new chapter on Ethics and Ideology, plus new genres such as audiovisual translation and oral interpreting.
What you will find on this website:
- End of Chapter exercises with a variety of example answers in different languages
- Video and audio lectures with student follow-up questions.
- Glossary flashcards to help you revise key terms
- Useful weblinks to industry bodies, training resources and translation blogs and forums.
- A link to Routledge’s extensive publishing in the areas of translation and interpreting.
Mona talks about the new edition of In Other Words: