Welcome to the Routledge Translation Studies Portal.
This portal offers a wide range of online resources and teaching materials, links to key organisations and samples from our ground-breaking titles in translation and interpreting studies.
New updates include:
- Samples from more of our key titles including Translation and Language Education by Sara Laviosa.
- a fresh selection of journal articles
- a full list of the St Jerome titles acquired by Routledge in 2014. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to hear about our latest updates and new publications!
- a range of complementary Exercises which accompany Luis Pérez-González' textbook: Audiovisual Translation (Routledge, 2014).
- the Featured Authors section now includes two new interviews with Lawrence Venuti (from PEN America and Circumference) and in the Video section you will find a talk on court interpreting from Holly Mikkelson (author of Introduction to Court Interpreting, Routledge, 2000).
The Resources section offers students a wide range of materials from multiple choice revision exercises to a glossary and self-test online flashcards. There is also a wide range of video interviews and lectures by our leading authors, including Lawrence Venuti, Mona Baker, Susan Bassnett, Sherry Simon, Michael Cronin and Douglas Robinson. Additionally, we have specially recorded videos which introduce and summarise aspects of translation studies as a discipline, featuring Lawrence Venuti, Jeremy Munday, Alina Secara and Gracie Peng.
For researchers, we recommend browsing a virtual collection of the most popular online research published in Routledge journals.
The Instructors section provides powerpoint slides linked to two of our bestselling textbooks, In Other Words and Introducing Translation Studies.
We will be building up the content offered here over time and we welcome your input. Please do get in touch via Feedback.
Louisa Semlyen (Senior Publisher)
Laura Sandford (Editorial Assistant)